We've been receiving a lot of questions about how safe and secure it is to order from us during the COVID-19 pandemic. In spite of recent events, we are still able to fulfill all orders, and our website is STILL OPEN FOR BUSINESS!
We've compiled a list of the safety precautions in place from beginning of production to the final shipping stages. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call us directly at 912-228-6553. (EST)
SAFETY PROTOCOLS DURING PRODUCTION:
- The production facility for Fire & Pine (our woodwork provider) is located at 240 Short Cut Rd. in Ridgeland, SC. As such, they abide by South Carolina's laws pertaining to the "shelter in place" and "mandatory closing" order's issued by state government. As of this writing (03/26/2020), there is no mandatory shut down order in place.
- To comply with active "social distancing" measures as mandated by state officials, each woodworking station is manned by one individual kept at safe distance no less than six (6) feet apart, and are ordered by the owner to regularly sanitize their stations and their personage. For more information on Fire & Pine's internal safety procedures, you may contact them directly at 800-244-3123 M-F 9am-6pm EST.
SAFETY PROTOCOLS AT GET GIFTY WITH IT (Retailer & Shipping):
- Our shipping station (on-site at the owners residence) is sterilized every morning with Lysol Disinfectant spray and other various sanitizing materials. This includes (but not limited to): shipping table, shipping boxes, pillow pack, bubble wrap, packing tape-gun, printer, box-cutting tools, computer work station, keyboard, mouse, and the product itself.
- Once the product has been received and disinfected, it is left isolated for three (3) days to allow for any remaining potential bacteria to dissipate. This is in-line with CDC recommendations for eliminating the potential life-span of the COVID-19 virus shelf-life on wood and plastic materials.
- Once packaged, the box is then sprayed again with Lysol Disinfectant, and transported to the local FedEx dropoff location.
With limited staff on hand at the production facility, it is possible that some turnaround times may be affected. This will simply be a case by case basis as it has always been (even before the outbreak). Each sign is made from scratch, larger signs take longer to complete than smaller signs. We've always guaranteed 4-6 weeks for completion and delivery, sometimes falling into the 2-3 week time-frame. This number is constantly in flux, and with the epidemic and constantly changing "shelter in place" laws, it may be hard to pinpoint an exact delivery date. It is recommended to expect delivery between 3-4 weeks for most purchases.
For additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at 912-228-6553 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org